Monday, April 11, 2011

A taste of Philly

I've been seeing advertisements for this new cooking creme that Philadelphia is making, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm not really big on the already made sauces and mixes, but I wanted to try it before I swear it off. I always take a recipe and tweak it to what my family likes (and add more nutritional value), and these recipes were no different.

Philadelphia's Chicken Bruschetta Pasta... with my alterations
  • 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 small/medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
  • 1 tub (10 oz.) Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme
  • 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced in quarters
  • 2 cups whole wheat bow-tie pasta
  • 12 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
Add olive oil to a large, deep skillet and cook chicken on medium heat 5 to 6 min or until done. Add Italian seasoning and cook for 1 more minute (I like it to stick to the chicken) Stir in broth and garlic; cook 3 min. 
Add cooking creme and tomatoes; cook and stir 3-5 minutes - until well mixed.

Stir in pasta and toss until pasta is coated with cream. Add the basil, mix and serve. 

This meal was better than I thought it would be. It would work for a quick at home meal when your schedule is busy. You can even cook the chicken the night before so that you'd only need 15 minutes to make this meal.
I buy Organic (veggies, milk, cheese, pasta, juice, etc) and whole wheat all the time - it's so much better for you and the pasta makes it really filling - so you eat less. I served this meal with a beautiful little salad with FF Italian dressing and it really brought the meal together. I'll let you know if I try more Philly recipes!

2 comments:

  1. I also really interested in how that Philadelphia cooking creme. There was a full spread in the foodnetwork mag about it. Did you just use the original or one of the flavors

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe calls for the Original.

    I've also tried a few other recipes that use the Santa Fe. I've been pleased with them so far & the Santa Fe is definitely the favorite so far :)

    I'm going to play around with all of them and see what I can come up with. I'm really excited to use them for some grilling too - I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete