I try to make soups that coordinate with the season, I love making a gazpacho & light soups for Spring and Summer, and richer, heartier soups for Fall and Winter - but even I break my own rules of I get a craving. This next soup I'm going to share with you is geared towards Winter, but it can be made all year long. It's an absolute delight and you have another option for when your vegetarian or vegan friends visit!
Lentil-Tomato Soup from TOH
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 4 medium carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 can (6oz.) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until all the vegetables & lentils are tender.
Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes to allow all the flavors to blend.
I serve this great soup with cheddar or flaky buttery biscuits, but it would also pair nicely with some cornbread. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment