
I'm an apple lover - I have a serious addiction. Not a week goes by where I'm not buying another bucket, you will always find apples in my house. I use them for baking, cooking & snacking (and I sneak them into Brad's lunch) - they are nature's candy. I love when fall comes because I can buy them from our local farmers. I get my apple of choice, Cortland, from Marshalek's Fruit Farm in Montoursville, PA. They are so tasty, never bruised, always the perfect ripeness & color - can't ask for much more.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have no problem standing in the kitchen for hours and hours making a delicious dessert (it's my happy place&time), but sometimes I want something that's quick and tasty. After a long day of taking care of all the stuff at the house, running errands, washing clothes, cleaning up the mess, and cooking dinner - I'm just not in the mood & have no energy left to entertain their requests for cookies or pie. So, this was a simple idea, with easy prep and little hassle - perfect, right?
Roasted Apples & Ice Cream
- 3 large apples - I used Cortland, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. butter (I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter), cut into very small cubes
- Vanilla ice cream of choice
Spray a medium size baking dish with Pam.
Add the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar & vanilla.
Once arranged, add the butter cubes to the top of the apples - evenly spaced.
Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Stir. Return dish to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.*Adjust this according to how soft or mushy you like your apples.
Serve apples warm (or cold if you choose) over vanilla ice cream.
Simple, delicious, all the goodness of fall - and it didn't take you forever to make! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment