Since Blue is used quite often, I'm always on the hunt for new recipes that are easy, quick & little hassle or prep. SO, when I discovered some amazing recipes on Six Sisters' Stuff - it was like adding a huge piece to my creative puzzle. It was so nice to find a group of gals who love their C-P as much as I do.
Since the holiday season is quickly approaching, I thought this would be a good time to share some super easy recipes that cook with little effort, are easily freezable and will be ready when you get home from shopping. Or, you can throw some stuff in the pot and make your guests think you've spent hours in the kitchen - it's your choice. I promise, I'll keep your secret, no judgements here!
This (delicious!) recipe I got from them only has 4 ingredients. That's right, four.
Crock-Pot Hawaiian Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar of your favorite BBQ sauce (or your own homemade mix)
- 1 20oz. can of pineapple, drained.
- {Seasonings of choice - optional.}
- Rice (I always use Jasmine)
Add the chicken. Cover with the pineapple and add some more sauce. (You can use all of it if you'd like, but I always save some, about 1/4 of the bottle, to add right before serving the dish - we like things saucy)
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours - all depends on the size of the chicken. *If you're in a time crunch, you can always cook this on high for 2-3 hours instead.
Cook rice according to package.
While the rice is cooking, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Give the C-P a stir, you want all those good flavors to mix together.
Serve the chicken & pineapple mixture over rice & enjoy!
Wow this sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteHow I wish I had some of your homemade meals with me now...