Monday, August 15, 2011

Another great find.

My recipes usually come from cooking magazines, websites, family, myself, etc, but I found one on Oprah.com that I love - and no, I usually don't look for recipes here. Usually my muffin recipes have some spice, a unique taste to them - so when I saw how plain this recipe was, I was hesitant. However, once I baked them and took that first bite, I was hooked. Yes, I made a few changes to the original recipe, but it's amazing how something so simple can taste so good... and have me baking another batch the next morning!

Berry Muffins
Strawberry Blueberry Muffins
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, huckleberries, or sliced strawberries - alone or a mix) *I used blueberries & strawberries
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the bowl.

In a small bowl, mix together milk, oil and eggs. Pour into well in medium bowl, stir until just blended. (Do not over mix)
Fold in berries.
Fill paper cups with batter. (I filled them to the very top because I wanted jumbo muffins!)

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely. You can serve them warm, but be careful - the berries are super hot! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment