Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gimme some Craisins!

I have always loved banana bread, but I like to try different recipes to spice it up a bit. With as many cookbooks that are on my shelves, you can image how many recipes there are to try... not to mention the ridiculous number that comes up when doing a Google search. Holiday cookouts are a great time to try new food items so I thought I'd share my latest BB recipe (which is a KS original) - it was a picnic success over the weekend!

Banana Craisin Bread
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 very ripe bananas
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 6oz. Craisins
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix and set aside.
In a small bowl, mash bananas.

In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together eggs and sugar. Stir in mashed bananas, vanilla, applesauce, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.

Add the flour mixture, a third at a time, until just combined. Add craisins, mix for 1 minute.

Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with Pam for Baking, add batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment