Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Muffins!

I love muffins - they are one of my ultimate comfort foods. A warm muffin, a hot cup of coffee & a comfortable chair... does it get an better? My favorite of all the muffins is blueberry, but I found a few recipes for strawberry muffins and I was intrigued. These muffins are not too sweet, but have an addicting quality.

Delicious
Strawberry Muffins 
  • 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup 2% milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup fresh, chopped strawberries 
In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt - set aside.

In the mixer bowl, beat eggs on low until mixed. Add oil, milk, vanilla & cinnamon, mix well.

Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture - mixing after each addition.
Slowly add the strawberries and mix until combined.

Put batter into paper-lined muffin cups - you want them at least 2/3 full. (I always use an ice cream scooper when making cupcakes and muffins so that each cup is equal) 

Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow them to cool on a wire rack.

These can be served warm or cold, with milk, coffee, cocoa or tea. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment