Ellie loves pancakes - it borders on obsession, actually. She has them about 4 times a week! Since she loves them so much, I wanted to find the perfect recipe. I had tried a few different ones (approx. 7) that she didn't care for and then I got lucky!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Slowly add the milk, mixing well.
Add the melted butter and mix.
On the stove-top, over medium heat, I add 1/4 cup of the batter to a frying pan. Once you start to see bubbles, flip.
This recipe yields 1 dozen pancakes.
I also love to add things to my pancakes - blueberries, chocolate chips, etc. Some people add them to the batter, and cook them, but that usually leaves the pancakes uneven. However, I pour the batter into the frying pan, let it cook for 30 seconds, add the pieces, cook until bubbles form & flip. This allows all the pancakes to be equal, and I can add multiple items if I choose. Do what works for you, but I promise this recipe will be a hit!
We usually make homemade pancakes but our recipe is a little more involved. This morning TJ made this recipe for us. It was quick and they turned out just about the same as our standby. Great pancakes. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
ReplyDelete