This post is long overdue. Severely. Actually, this should have been one of the first posts I ever wrote, but I wanted to wait for the perfect time - and that time is now.
We've all had moments where our lives aren't exactly what we want or were planning. We've all had our hearts broken, spent nights crying and talking with our girlfriends about why these things happen to us. Whether it's about men, our careers, family, money or a combination of all the crap life decided to dump on us at the same time when we are already feeling like were drowning in a pool of bad luck and bad choices - we've all been there. I can honestly say that after 27 years on this planet I stand confident in my statement that the majority of women turn to 2 men for comfort - Ben & Jerry.
Now, since a lot of us also want to look our best (and we end up exercising to be able to continue to eat the things we love), there are plenty of flavors and sizes to fit our mood. Sometimes we have those terminal cases where it feels like a gallon of ice cream is necessary, however we settle for the pint. I have also found the small, baby size containers (single serve that usually cost $1 each) for the every day or once a week catastrophe we find ourselves in.
I admit to being the woman who stands there staring at the case, feeling the saliva build up in my mouth and overcome by a sense of euphoria. I've had other people bang into my shopping cart or walk in front of me without me even blinking. I just try to come to before drooling on my shirt.
I sometimes downplay certain aspects of my life and my habits, but I'm not afraid to admit my absolute love for ice cream. I exercise more to be able to eat it. I will arrange my shopping order so that I can make sure the ice cream makes it to the house without having melted even the slightest bit. I hate buying light, low fat or non fat ice cream because it tastes like garbage. Let's be honest, we try to get that all natural, soy milk, no sugar junk but we always return to those beautifully colored cartons that we hear calling our name the minute we walk in to the store.
I have hid it from my family. I sometimes eat it in secret. I do have some books (and clothing) with chocolate stains on them. We will continue to keep this part of our lives secret, as we should, but ladies please know that I stand with you. We are all alike. It's a sisterhood & a comfort that no man will ever understand.
Grab a spoon ladies, I salute you.
Half Baked Froyo has always been my favorite! I've been saying the last few weeks how much I miss Ben and Jerry. ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat post Momma!