My first book by her was Bet Me and I could not put it down. I love the way she throws you right in to the story, gives you just enough details to understand the person you're reading about - but also let the character's evolve as you read.
I felt so comfortable reading this book - the girls actually seem like real people that I could relate to. I'd be friends with these girls. I found similarities in the girls that remind me of my friends and myself. I hate the books where the heroine is just so out of touch with the real world and I can't find an ounce of myself in her - but Crusie makes lovable, real characters.
I really enjoyed the 'they shouldn't be, but things keep getting them together' set-up. I appreciated how members of the family were brought into the story and you felt yourself getting more and more involved.
I can't remember a time when I was so excited to turn the page - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was a similar situation - but this is a different desire to turn the page. From what I understand, the 50 Shades books are not well written and are a lot of smut (that's what Brad calls it) - this is a similar topic, but well written, detailed, great story with it and so real that you can feel the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Cal is a fantastic man - you'll love him!
I would like to thank the Buerger cousins for introducing me to my new favorite novelist!
No comments:
Post a Comment