| Mashing |
I know that I've already shared my recipe for C-P roast, potatoes & carrots, but I also love cooking sausage & peppers in it too. I know it's common to do this dish on the stove top, but again, cooking it throughout the day makes it so much better. Also, to cut back on the fat & calories, I use poultry sausage instead of pork -- they are so good even my pork loving (just hook the drippings to my veins) husband loves them!
| Ready to cook |
- 14 oz. marinara sauce
- 4 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 large green pepper, sliced thin
- 6 sausages
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- salt & pepper
| Done! |
Add the peppers, Italian dressing, 2 tbsp. oil, Italian seasoning, garlic and salt & pepper. Stir.
Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve on a hoagie bun or sliced by itself. You could also serve these over rice or noodles. This is a great make and freeze meal! Delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment