When it comes to cooking, there are some days when I want everything cooked in the same pot - one pot means fewer dishes to wash! Most meals have me standing at the sink for 30 minutes after the meal is over, but a crock pot makes things so easy. Plus, you can make this meal in the morning, set it on low & it's ready when you're ready for dinner. Most women I know have a certain number of things they make in the crock pot, but it's a handy tool that most of us have at our disposal, so why aren't we using it more? All of us have a recipe for roast that we probably got from our Mom, Grandma or Aunt, but let's be honest, it may be a little boring. By adding some fresh herbs & the right seasonings, you can take that traditional roast up a notch.
My Roast & Veggies
 |
| This is how it should look put together |
- 1 beef or venison roast, fat trimmed off (mine only has to feed 2 people so I pick one that's the length of my hand, but I make sure I can fit both of my hands around it)
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 3 small potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1/2 medium onion, quartered
- 5 cups beef broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
Set up the crock pot, and add all the ingredients - meat & veggies first. Set it on low, and allow it to cook all day. I usually start mine at 8am, and by 5pm it's perfect. You want the veggies to be on the soft side and the roast to fall apart with a fork. Simple, delicious and all in one pot - that's my favorite kind of meal! Enjoy!
Koren- when I find my crockpot I am going to make this. It sounds amazing and like you I hate having a million dishes to do after I cook. Crock pot ftw!
ReplyDelete-Danny