First off, an update on Mother. She's doing very, very well. John Heinz has once again proven themselves to be the absolute best there is and they're working small miracles with her each and every day she's been there. She's able to walk on her own, little pieces of her memory come back each day and she's doing great during her 6-7 hours of therapy/day. Your support has meant more than I could ever express and I'll be forever grateful to all of you.
Okay, moving on :)
I thought this would be a great day to tell you about some of the things I've been loving lately. When we find something great we should share, right?!
I love finding new/redone products, especially make-up or personal care related items. I have once again struck gold. As you know, I love Lush Cosmetics and they've absolutely captured my heart and soul with their products. In my lovely Christmas box I received a sample of the Lemony Flutter - holy freakin' amazing! Yes, it's suggested, or advertised, as a cuticle cream, but let me tell you, I've put this on my hands, lips, feet, ears and cuticles. Since Old Man Winter teamed up with Mother Nature, they've been kicking my ass dry-skin wise - and this has been my savior. I love putting this on the back of my hands before bed, sleep with socks on my hands and when I wake up in the morning they're healed & so soft!
Lush will blow you away with their list of ingredients - absolutely wonderful. They're a great company, making a difference and staying true to what they believe in. I really hope you'll check them out!
Next, eye make-up. I simply cannot stand it when you take so much time to carefully get ready in the morning, making sure everything is just the way you think it should be, then when you go to the bathroom at 11:30am your eye make-up looks like you've just walked through a sauna. When I put eye make-up on, I expect it to stay exactly where I applied it. Having your eyeshadow running onto your cheek bone doesn't help anyone. No only is it annoying, but it also makes one self-conscious, and we have enough to worry about as it is.So, it's MAC Prep+Prime Eye to the rescue!
I wear this every single day, without fail. I use my pinkie, rub a small amount on each lid and viola - liner, shadow, etc looks great all day, doesn't wear off, doesn't move and still looks awesome when I take my make-up off before bed. This stuff will change your life.
Liner is a must for me. I live for it, love it and am hardly ever seen without it on. One day last month when I ran out of my beloved MAC Technakohl Liner, I stopped on my way home to pick something up and stumbled across Physicians Formula Automatic Eye Pencil. I was skeptical, because in my mind I know it can't compare to MAC, but I'm desperate. I can honestly say, I was a little nervous... but I'm impressed with PF. I love the smoothness of this pencil, the even color and it has a sharpener in the bottom! (I love that feature!) I'm not saying I'm making a switch, but this is a great second option to have.
Okay, food. I'm not one for "snacking", but sometimes you just need something with a little crunch. I am very selective, as you know, about what foods come into this house, so finding these 2 bags was luck. Wegmans, of course, has a great Organic section for dried fruits, nuts, candy, etc, but this Campfire Mix was a new item and I love it. It's a great mix of ingredients, not salty, evenly mixed and a great price. The Nature's Path Organic bag was actually a gift from a coworker and I'm hooked! I had heard about this crunch mix, saw it online but couldn't seem to find it anywhere. I am trying to eat it slowly, but it's really, really good. Granola is great by itself, in yogurt, cereal, with fruit or on ice cream. It's a great go-to little snack when you need something! 
No comments:
Post a Comment