Friday, November 1, 2013

My Supportive Husband

Yay! I'm super excited to announce that I'll be re-entering the workforce in 10 days! Yes, this happened about a year or two sooner than we expected, but when the perfect job comes along, you fight for it!

Thank you all for your kind & supportive comments over the past few days, I really appreciate it.

So last night Brad and I were sitting on the couch, watching Elementary, when I casually mention that I'm strongly considering getting a can of mace to hang on my keys. Please understand that I'm not at all scared to walk through downtown alone, I feel safe and comfortable - but it's the parking deck that has me feeling uneasy. During the interview process I had to park on the 4th floor and walk down (I didn't trust the elevator), then cross the street a couple times to get to the office. I was fine, but then you hear a noise and I took off at a very fast walk in 3.5 inch heels. Not a great decision, but I've seen too many cop shows.

Irrational? Maybe.

Realistic? Yes.

So the conversation went like this... 

Me: Hey, since I'll be walking to and from the truck solo through the parking deck and downtown, I thought about getting mace for on my keys. I know they have cameras around, and I've already scoped out the blue safety areas, but I think it's a good idea.

Brad: You're only gonna carry a can? I think you should carry a mace like Mr. Burns does.

Me: That's great, but I think I'll need a new handbag for that... and maybe a carrying case.

Brad: I don't think Coach or Kate Spade would make something like that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment