Let me start my saying Jill Shalvis is my hero. She's amazing & absolutely hilarious. She's created this small town called Lucky Harbor, it's in Washington State and it's the perfect combination of beach, mountains & men. I'd move there tomorrow.
One of my favorite things about this series is how there's a piece of advice, a joke or comment at the beginning of each new chapter. I'm particularly happy because a lot of them deal with our love for chocolate. Each book has a different theme, a different person giving the advice or comment - but all equally funny and touching.
I also love the females in this series. These women are awesome and I'd be BFFs with any and all of them. They give as good as they get. I love strong, feminine, funny, real leading ladies to go with these swoon-worthy men.
I'm going to give you a fun, saucy, but mysterious, rundown of some of the greatest men ever to hit the shelves. I mean, wow. I'm talking fan yourself, cottonmouth, fall into dreamland and never want to wake up, hot. As a result, you will never be able to go to Lowe's, a marina, police station, medical center, sheriff's office, hospital, pool or anywhere that sells board shorts without having your senses perk up. I know that's a long list, but you'll enjoy reading about why each place is on that list.
I've read and re-read this series from start to current finish (she's got #8 coming out in the fall!) 3 times now and I'm already looking forward to the day I gear up for round 4. I should clarify, when I say 'gear up', I mean making sure the coffee is fully stocked, getting ahead on my housework and laundry, making sure there's food in the house, etc. Yes, I'm a wife & mom first, but I'm also a book addict. I can sit for a whole day and do nothing but read, but we all know that it's not possible when we have a house to run. Yes, sometimes I get distracted, or I get the feeling that a really, really great scene is coming up so I get in the zone and maybe tune people out. According to others blogs, Pinterest, Goodreads groups, etc, I'm not alone in my zone/phasing out sessions.
Yes, I confess to staying up until 3am, a few times later than that, when I just can't put the book down. I know going in to this decision that 6:30am will be arriving without fail and I'll have to spring into action - lack of sleep is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
Book #1 - Simply Irresistible
Oh sweet baby Jesus.
Finish picturing him, then keep reading.
"Ah, so you do still have a tongue. For a minute there, I thought maybe she sucked it out."
A saucy night at the bar (which he owns with Ford - musketeer #2 in this first trio of hotness), heat in his Jeep, an embarrassing phone call, some more tension, the showing of 'parts' in an attic, the marina, washing machine rides and sexy showers are all fun and games until the secrets that both Jax & Maddie are hiding about their pasts interfere with their relationship. Maddie convincing herself to go after what she wants is one (terrifying) thing, but having the relationship she wants with her sisters, and convincing them to stay in Lucky Harbor, totally different level of difficulty.
No comments:
Post a Comment