Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mmmmascarpone!

I have a new favorite cheese... that goes into my new favorite pasta dish.

Mascarpone.
 
I was looking around the blog-land the other day and came across Table for Two -- super cute blog about a recently engaged couple who enjoy cooking together and make meals for two people. They have great recipes and photographs and I love her little comments she adds to each post. I stumbled across this recipe she posted and was instantly intrigued.

While making my menu for the next two weeks, this was one of the first items on the list - and Brad asked what it was almost as soon as I wrote it down. The recipe itself is just for the pasta & sauce, but I always love adding Organic grilled chicken breasts to pasta dishes.

This recipe is absolutely perfect size for 2 adults (and 1 child) - and I doubt there will be any left.

Linguine with Grilled Chicken & Sundried Tomato Pesto Cream Sauce
  • 8 oz. dry linguine pasta
  • 4 tbsp. Wegmans sundried tomato pesto
  • 1/2 cup of heavy cream
  • 4 oz. Mascarpone cheese
  • 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
  • Salt
  • Grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
  • Fresh parsley, chopped
*I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic & Italian herbs and grilled until no longer pink, but with a slightly brown outer layer.

In a pot, cook pasta according to package.

While the pasta is cooking, in a small pan, start your sauce.
Combine the pesto & heavy cream and heat through. When evenly mixed, add the Mascarpone. Stir well until the cheese is melted. Add the red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt - cook for 10 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken a little.

After cooking and draining the pasta, return it to the pot, add the sauce and mix well so that every strand is covered. Add the sliced chicken and give it a good stir.

Serve this with some fresh parsley on top and get ready for a great meal! Enjoy!    


No comments:

Post a Comment