I've always been a sucker for pulled pork BBQ, and I don't know many people that don't love it. Having lived in the South for a few years, I was able to experience different varieties of this dish.
In South Carolina, they like a little tang in the sauce - so they use vinegar. (And you have to request a bun - they usually just plop the meat on a plate for you next to your choice of sides). Charlie's BBQ in Greenville had some of the best pork I've ever tasted in my entire life, and it was my restaurant of choice during pregnancy.
Texas BBQ is unlike anything you'll have in any other state - melt in your mouth, smoky goodness. Since the great state of TX is cow country, they BBQ beef. Man, those cowboys know a lot about cooking a brisket. We've tried several places to get our fix - restaurant, picnic or off a truck - all delicious.
Now, since I don't see myself moving south of the Mason-Dixon Line anytime soon, although I can hope, this recipe is the closest I've had to the real thing.
Crock-Pot Pulled Pork BBQ
- 6-8 lb. bone-in, pork shoulder butt roast
- 6 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons pepper
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (16-20 oz) bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Buns
Combine paprika, salt, pepper & garlic powder in a bowl. Rub all over the roast.
Put the lid on and cook on low for about 10 hours (or high for approx. 7 hours).
Remove the bone and shred meat with 2 forks (which will be super easy).
Mix with a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce and serve on buns or alone.
It's great, you'll really love this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment