I love to read. I love the way I can get completely lost in a book and lose total track of time. I love the way books smell, the feeling the texture of the paper between my fingers and playing with the corner of the page as I'm reading... so am I ready for a Kindle?
Would I be able to still have that love of books without having the feel of books? I may be over-thinking this, but I love walking out to my sitting room, getting a nice hot cup of coffee or tea, snuggling down into that perfect chair, look at all the books on my shelves & mantle, and open the cover of the latest adventure I'm holding.
Having a Kindle would make my traveling a lot easier - it's difficult to pack 2 or 3 books into my carry-on when I'm already trying to cram so much stuff in there. It would also be convenient when I finish that first book, I could just start the next one without fear of repacking my suitcase.
Also, I could argue the fact that I'm saving paper, saving trees, by buying an electronic device.
Maybe I'm just old school.... but I need to get with the times.
The question is, Kindle or Nook or something else? What have you heard? What do you love?
I was given a Nook for Christmas last year and LOVE IT. My aunt on the other hand was given a Kindle --- I was there over the holiday's so I helped her with set up... While the Kindle allows you to purchase online at Amazon and the Nook Barnes and Noble, I have to say that my kindle was 100% easier to set up!
ReplyDeleteAlso Barnes and Noble offers Free book Fridays for all Nook owners!
Thanks so much, Sasha! This is the type of info I need to make my big decision :)
ReplyDeleteThe one thing that drove me crazy about my Kindle was that it's not a touch screen, simply because I'm so used to EVERYTHING being touchscreen so having to use actual buttons to navigate was an odd concept! Also there's no color, so if that's important to you, go with the Nook. One nice thing about the Kindle (and the Nook may be the same but I don't know) is that you can get the App for your iPhone and computer and have access (in color) on those devices as well. As a travel companion, it's amazing, and the battery life on the Kindle is phenomenal (especially if you have the WiFi turned off), as is the fact that mine has 3G and I can also use it to check my email/browse the web (not always fast or pretty but beats lugging books AND a laptop around when traveling).
ReplyDelete