Let's go!
I know what you're thinking, it's only natural for a vegetarian to love vegetables - true, but I bet these Crock Pot veggies will please any carnivore (or picky eater) in your house.
I follow the same rules as I used to back when I was making roast, potatoes & carrots in the CP. These kick-ass veggies are just as easy - set 'em up, let them cook & serve.
There is absolutely no way for anyone to screw these up.
If you're pressed for time, you can get everything ready the night before, sit the container in the refrigerator overnight, toss it in the CP on your way out the door and you're done. Don't think you're limited on how to use these, I had them as a main course, a side dish or even a pick dish. I've tried several different combinations of veggies, but I've kept a pretty consistent broth. Again, this is just personal preference.
My favorite combination is as follows....
Organic Crock Pot Veggies
1 large red potato, washed and cut into 2 inch cubes
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
1 large red onion, quartered (or however small you want them)
4 carrots, peeled and cut into quarters
2 stalks of celery, washed and quartered
1/2 large red pepper, washed and cut into large chunks or thick strips
6 oz. white mushrooms, wiped with a damp cloth and cut in half
4 cloves of garlic
Fresh ground black pepper & pink seasalt
2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
2-3 whole, fresh sprigs of Rosemary 8 cups of vegetable broth
Toss everything in the CP, set it on low all day and everything will be perfect by dinner time.
I love having these along lemon chive noodles, veggie burgers or on the side of anything you like.
Super easy, super versatile and absolutely delicious.
... and if you have a curious child, they'll ask why you're putting Christmas tree branches in their food. Ah, youth.
Let me know what combos you try!

No comments:
Post a Comment