I had heard great things, everyone that I know that read it said the book was great, really shocking and it would keep you on your toes - and that's all true, but you can't really understand what that means until you're into the meat of the book.I honestly cannot remember the last time I had goosebumps and chills while reading a book. It was so much more graphic and detailed that I was expecting. As I sat on the couch, I planned to read 30 pages and move on to something else. Before I knew it, I had read 70 pages and couldn't seem to read the words fast enough. I was hooked. I would put the book down and walk away still thinking about it. I would be washing dishes or running the vacuum and I'd be thinking about Lisbeth Salander.
After finding out about the computer hacking skills, phone tapping, breaking in to places and how much of your privacy can be compromised, I was a little uneasy - but intrigued.
I found it funny how spending time in a prison wasn't really frowned upon, but somewhat positive as it gave Mikael time to work and think. I still would have fought for my freedom. However, when learning what the 'take-down' was going to be, I guess he got his revenge... and then some.
I now have the idea that Swedish people are crazy, but I can't assume that everyone is like you know who.
I have not seen the movie and probably never will. I learned from a few other books I've read to just let the book tell the story and forget about the movie. I just never feel like the book is well represented. They wind up leaving out huge chunks of the book, or they try to make it more action packed while the main feel of the book gets lost in the special effects.
I can't give you the details of this book because I don't want to spoil any of it - but this is one of the best books I've ever read. I would recommend this to everyone who can read. It will make you think, give you tight chest feeling, scare you and have the hairs on the back of your neck standing up. I absolutely loved it and cannot wait to read the next book in the series.
Congratulations, Mr. Larsson, you won me over by the end of chapter 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment